Job Title: Sales Engineer
Reports to: Sales Manager
American Stress Technologies, Inc. ("AST"), part of the Stresstech Group
Position SummaryThe Sales Engineer will be responsible for growing sales in the allocated US territory through proactively managing existing accounts and developing new business. This person is also expected to provide technical, application, engineering and after-sales support to customers. The candidate will be based out of AST’s Pittsburgh, PA office and will be expected to travel (up to 50%) to prospective and existing customer sites and trade shows. Qualified candidates will receive extensive product and applications training.
- Drive day to day sales with regular interaction (personal visits and contact by phone) with distributors, direct customers and/or end users;
- Provide technical/application/training support to distributors, direct customers and/or end users;
- Manage the entire sales process from initial inquiry to close, including the generation of quotations, submitting internal manufacturing orders, product delivery and after-sales support;
- Develop and maintain key relationships with customers' decision makers/users;
- Perform product demonstrations or training at trade shows, AST office or at customer sites;
- Account maintenance, such as processing sales leads, providing accurate pipeline reporting and forecasting;
- Submit required documentation on a timely basis, including, expense reports, travel itinerary, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
Measures of Success
- Develop the sales pipeline and deliver the Company’s sales growth plan;
- Strengthen market presence for AST products.
Experience and Skills
- Degree in Engineering, Metallurgy or Physics preferred; however, equivalent experience will be considered;
- Experience selling test and measurement equipment and services with prior work in residual stress testing techniques beneficial;
- Knowledge of metallurgy and stress measurement in materials (including manufacturing of metal components) is a plus;
- Proven record of driving and forecasting sales, applications selling, appointment setting, pipeline development, and closing sales;
- Strong communication and reporting skills. Must be able to read and interpret documents such as reports, requests for proposals, scope of work and other documents as well as the ability to write professional, accurate and routine reports and correspondence;
- Candidate must be a self-motivated, results driven professional with self-confidence and discipline and the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment.
- Uncapped commission plan based upon achieving sales targets to be set by the Company each year;
- 3 weeks paid vacation time per year;
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and 401k (with match) benefits provided.
AST provides non-destructive inspection instruments for the automotive, aircraft, machine, and energy industries as well as universities and research institutions. AST's products use a variety of testing techniques including Barkhausen Noise, X-ray Diffraction, and Electronic Speckle Pattern interferometry. With its network of distributors, AST serves and supports customer in North and South America.